Running under heat can lead to sweating of the feet leaving behind moisture and odors in your soccer cleats. The fact that you need to be in soccer socks for comfort increases the chances of being stuck with smelly soccer cleats. It gets even worse when you leave them in your bag instead of airing them. The odors can be quite strong and unbearable, but fortunately it is not impossible to get rid of them.
Just like anything else, it is best to start by taking prevention measures to keep the odors at bay. If you want to eliminate the chances of this smelly problem, you should:
· Clean them after every practice or game and allowing them to air dry; the cleaning should be consistent
· Choose K-leather over synthetic materials because leather is breathable and does not therefore keep the odors trapped in.
· Immediately remove them after the game and place fabric softener sheet in them before placing them in the bag; you can then stuff them with dry newspaper upon reaching home to absorb any moisture and liquid present.
· Air dry them in a shaded dry area outdoors instead of in direct sunlight that can be damaging.
· Ensure the soccer cleats are completely dry after washing or cleaning before wearing them again to your game
· Find appropriate soccer socks; absorbent socks are better and they should be of the right thickness to avoid excessive sweating during play
· Consider getting more than one pair; alternating between games gives the soccer cleats time to air, hence fighting bacteria and keeping odors on the bay
· Ensure your feet are clean and dry every time you wear your soccer cleats and socks; it is also of importance not to reuse socks before washing
If it is too late to prevent the odors and you already have smelly soccer cleats to deal with, you can use the following tips to get rid of the smell.
· Use manufacturer recommendations to wash your soccer cleats; most only need liquid dish soap, water and soft cloth to wash thoroughly
· After washing, rinse properly to get rid of all soap residue and wipe if necessary before then allowing them to completely air-dry
· After drying them, sprinkle baking soda into each of them so it can absorb the odor. The soda should be left for 24 hours or even 72 hours for best results. You can also consider using foot odor removing powder of your choice and then use a hand held vacuum to remove the powder
· Use good quality fabric mist to neutralize odor by killing all bacteria; there are odor products that can absorb moisture, eliminate odors and prevent bacteria so find a good one for your soccer cleats
There are is no reason as to why you should be stuck with smelly soccer cleats. Simple preventative measures can keep the issue out of the way and you can use simple removal measures too when the issue is already existing.
Camiseta New Balance Liverpool 2019 20 Descubre la gama Camiseta New Balance Liverpool locales y visitantes, equipamiento para entrenar y gamas de lifestyle. Compra online ahora.